Become a Powerful Communicator Through All Forms of Media
Communication is the vehicle to leadership. Learn to do it well. Designed specifically for school leaders everywhere — whether a rookie, aspiring administrator or a veteran in public affairs — these courses build your confidence, leading to greater performance. You won’t just be heard. You will be remembered.
21st Century Learning
Educators can catapult their careers by learning communication skills on a project-based, social learning platform.
Personal, tailored attention
Short video lessons and examples
Authentic, engaging activities
Real-life relevance for educators
Social peer collaboration
Measurements for mastery
Receive high quality training at a fraction of the cost.
Power Behind the Podium
No more death by Power Point! This course tunes you into the audience, builds your confidence and teaches you a more efficient way to write and prepare a speech or presentation. Regardless of your current skill level, this course will make you better by using specific examples from the unique world of education, finance and policies. You’ll pick up skills in writing, delivery, and using visual aides; but most importantly, you will elevate your confidence and see continuous improvement in both performance and impact. If you are a speechwriter and coach for someone else, this course will equip you with powerful tools of the trade.
Your media may be TV, radio, newspaper, facebook or twitter; it may be your own newsletter, parent notification system, public speaking or word-of-mouth. This course is designed specifically for leading educators everywhere, building your confidence and your careers. You will get familiar with their ways and teach you how to create and deliver powerful messages. You will learn how to look your best on TV, gain positive press, tell your story and respond when they get it wrong.
Learn how to:
– Use media as a vehicle for leadership
– Become a louder voice for education
– Leverage media resources for good news
– Know how to respond to criticism
– Eliminate mistakes and misquotes in the media
– Boost your confidence and performance
Social Media for Educators
Social Media for Educators is a project-based experience focusing on opportunities and risks when schools embrace social media for communication, teaching and learning. Explore why embracing social media is an essential step for school leaders to model and teach digital citizenship and engage students, families and your community. This course helps you develop a compelling case for social media in schools, outlines steps to build consensus and makes reluctant colleagues a meaningful part of the process.
How It Works
- Each course is accessible online whenever you are ready to start and contains learning videos, activities, projects and assessments.
- It takes approximately four hours to complete the course, but you can take it at any time at your own pace on your own device.
- Learn more or order the course you want by clicking on “Click Here to Register” to the right. The cost is per person, per course.
- Each person subscribing will receive via email a unique user name and password upon receipt of payment or Purchase Order.
- You cannot share the course with anyone because the course “resumes” wherever you left off when you log in and the assessments are unique to each individual.
- If you have any questions, email David Voss, email@example.com.