TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: West Georgia Regional Educational Agency (RESA) Board of Control
DAYS WORKED PER YEAR: 230
SALARY: Multi-year contract with competitive compensation package based on the Georgia State Salary Schedule for certificated personnel, years of credible experience, degree plus local supplement.
NATURE OF WORK:
Serves as the administrative and professional head of a Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA) and is responsible for the administration of programs and services delivered to 7 school systems. Additionally, this position serves as the Chief Executive Officer to the West Georgia Regional Educational Service Agency Board of Control.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. PERFORMS AS EDUCATIONAL LEADER OF THE RESA.
1. Supervises and evaluates employees.
2. Oversees planning and evaluation of programs and services.
3. Prepares long- and short-term goals for the RESA.
4. Communicates vision/mission to RESA personnel.
5. Participates in professional activities to enhance knowledge and skills.
6. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in educational programs and services.
B. SERVES AS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE RESA BOARD OF CONTROL.
1. Implements policies of the board of control.
2. Reports to the RESA board the status of programs.
3. Recommends actions and alternatives to the board.
4. Acts as liaison between the RESA board and RESA personnel.
5. Informs the board of rules and regulations of the Georgia Board of Education and state and federal laws.
6. Informs the board of current trends and developments in education.
7. Serves as a liaison between GNETS and the BOC
C.OVERSEES FACILITIES MANAGEMENT.
1. Maintains and implements policies and procedures for the use of RESA property.
2. Ensures the maintenance of RESA property.
3. Oversees and implements policies and procedures for safe RESA facilities.
4. Oversees the fiscal and maintenance management of GNETS.
D. OVERSEES FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.
1. Reports to the board on the financial condition of the RESA.
2. Prepares budget.
3. Ensures that expenditures are within limits approved by the board.
4. Monitors compliance with policies and laws.
5. Establishes and monitors procedures for procurement of equipment and supplies.
E. DIRECTS COMMUNITY RELATIONS ACTIVITIES.
1. Involves appropriate publics in planning and problem-solving for the RESA.
2. Articulates educational programs and services to the RESA public.
3. Maintains contact with appropriate agencies.
4. Serves as the liaison for RESA related legislative priorities.
Georgia Professional Leadership Certificate- L5 or higher
The Board seeks a candidate whose qualifications include an advanced degree in educational leadership with experience as a teacher and administrator. The candidate should have an understanding of curriculum, instruction, assessment, data, technology, and adult learning. He or she should be creative, energetic, relationship-focused and able to manage multiple parts and divisions of a complex organization. The candidate should be able to understand the diverse needs of multiple school systems and capable of developing innovative strategies and services to address these needs.
The Board sees an individual who is financially astute, able to manage multiple budgets, and utilize multiple and fluctuating revenue streams to fund a wide variety of services. The candidate should be an accomplished presenter and writer. The successful applicant should be able to motivate and coordinate a large staff of creative professionals and support personnel who travel widely and use technology to deliver services over a large geographic area. Additionally, the candidate should be familiar with school law and policy and able to represent the region to other state agencies and educational decision-makers.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
West Georgia RESA is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment fee from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation of disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.
- Current Georgia Leadership Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Responses to the following questions:
1. Describe your management experience with creating/developing and implementing educational initiatives involving multiple schools/ systems either on a system, regional or statewide basis.
2. Describe your vision for the RESA’s role in supporting transformational initiatives that advance schools/school systems to achieve high-performance practice in support of students.
3. Describe your experience with advocating educational and/or budgetary issues through the legislative process including contacts made with Georgia General Assembly members.
4. Describe your experience with grants management, including specific examples regarding a grant for which you were responsible.