TIFT COUNTY SCHOOLS
RELENTLESSLY PURSUING A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE
The Tift County Board of Education is seeking a dynamic leader for their next Superintendent. The system has excellent governance with long term stability in the Board and a history of long tenures of superintendents. The school system serves 8,000 students in 11 schools and has a technology program that provides a one-to-one student to device ratio. All schools in the system are fully accredited.
General Fund Budget: $79.3
Million Special Revenue Funds: $28.8 Million
Capital Projects/SPLOST: $11.4 Million
JOB SUMMARY: To inspire, lead, guide, and direct every member of the administrative, instructional, and support teams in setting and achieving the highest standards of excellence in developing and maintaining the best possible educational programs and services, so that each individual enrolled in the school system will be provided with a complete, valuable, meaningful, and personally rewarding education.
To oversee and administer the use of all school system facilities, property, and funds to ensure that those resources are utilized in an appropriate manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Educational Leadership.
- Educational Specialist or Doctoral Degree preferred.
- Extensive successful teaching experience, preferably in more than one grade level.
- Extensive successful administrative experience, preferably both as a building and system level administrator.
- State Certiﬁcation as required for position
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the Chief Executive Oﬃcer of the school system, responsible for the development and maintenance of a positive educational program designed to foster student achievement and meet the needs of the school community in conformance with Board policies and applicable law.
- Reports to the Board of Education such matters as deemed material to the understanding and proper management of the schools, or as the Board may request.
- Makes all system-wide administrative decisions necessary to ensure the proper function of the school system.
- Formulates school objectives, policies, plans, and programs; prepares (or causes to be prepared) and presents facts and explanations necessary to assist the Board of Education in its duty for the schools.
- Conducts a periodic audit of school programs and advises the Board of Education on recommendations for the educational advancement of the schools.
- Recommends to the Board of Education for its adoption of all courses of study, curriculum guides, and major changes in texts and time schedules to be used in the schools.
- Oversees the timely revisions of all curriculum guides and courses of study.
- Supervises methods of teaching, supervision, and administration in eﬀect in the schools.
- Recommends for appointment or employment all employees of the system except professional oﬃcers of the Board of Education, and assigns, transfers, and recommends for dismissal any and all employees of the system except professional oﬃcers of the Board of Education.
- Supervises the preparation and presentation of the annual budget and recommends it to the Board for approval.
- Keeps informed of modern educational thought and practices by advanced study, by visiting school systems elsewhere, by attending educational conferences, and by other appropriate means, and keeps the Board of Education informed of trends in education.
- Establishes and maintains a program of public relations to keep the public well-informed of the activities and needs of the school system, establishing a cooperative working relationship between the schools and the community.
- Performs other functions and related tasks as assigned by the Board of Education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of current trends in research and practices in public education.
- Demonstrated competence in leadership, management, interpersonal relations and communications.
- Ability to maintain and instill high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, educational pedagogy and behavioral management methods successful in school environments at all levels.
- Knowledge of administration and supervision concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education, students, professional staﬀ and other employees, etc.
- Ability to prepare oral or written communications for distribution to the Board of Education, employees, students and parents.
- Ability to ensure that responsible administrators address student disciplinary matters in an eﬀective, consistent and fair manner in accordance with applicable law and Board policies
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership, performance and professional growth.
- Ability to plan and implement professional development for administrators and teaching staﬀ.
- Ability to anticipate and address problems that may arise in a resourceful and consistent manner.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the Tift County Board of Education may consider a combination of leadership accomplishments, education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
Submit the following to email@example.com.
- Letter of Interest
- Resume/Professional Vitae
- Provide copies/video links of published articles and presentations that were published/presented within the last three
- Provide a high level ninety-day onboarding and transition plan for
Candidate screening begins immediately and will remain open until the position has been filled. To the best extent possible, submission, inquiries, and interview sessions shall be strictly conﬁdential.
Interviews shall be scheduled with the board or a panel of the board members as soon as practical via in-person or online methods.
Interested candidates are encouraged to express interest or submit questions to the email address above to provide process related clariﬁcations. Candidates should not directly contact board members.
Additional system information can be obtained from the system website at www.tiftschools.com. Board member proﬁles and community information shall be available upon request.