Position: Executive Director, Pioneer RESA
Position Availability: July 1, 2023 or negotiable
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
Location: Pioneer RESA, Cleveland, GA
1. Current L-6 Georgia certification or higher
2. High level of administrative and supervisory experience
3. Ability to lead, organize and motivate others
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Minimum of 5 years leadership experience
Current Executive Director Objectives:
1. Expand the sharing of individual, school, and system knowledge, expertise, and experience across the region to benefit all member systems.
2. Support systems and schools in the efficient utilization of instructional technology.
3. Maintain and document regular and frequent contact with system and school administrators to identify service needs and to develop and deliver services to member systems.
4. Improve the financial viability and stability of Pioneer RESA by efficient organization, cost-effective operation, and maximization of revenue opportunity.
5. Deliver services that support school and system administrators, teacher leaders, and aspiring leaders.
6. Maintain and expand professional learning for teachers and endorsement offerings.
7. Provide training and resources for Boards of Education.
8. Expand delivery of RESA services and professional learning through technology and web-based tools.
9. Seek and secure external grant revenue for Pioneer RESA and for member systems.
10. Expand Pioneer RESA’s influence on statewide trends, policies, and decisions that impact member systems.
11. Develop communication tools and strategies that increase awareness of and promote increased utilization of RESA services by member schools and systems.
12. Expand RESA services that generate savings for member systems.
13. Support area educators in the access to and interpretation of data and improve the functionality of data service tools provided by Pioneer RESA.
14. Support member systems in the further implementation of the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE) to include participation in the standards review processes, sharing of available resources, and preparing for the Georgia Milestones Assessments.
Salary Range: To be negotiated based on experience
To Apply: Apply online at www.gcssk12.net/employment or send resume, letter of interest, and copy of Georgia certificate or evidence of eligibility for Georgia certificate to:
Dr. Jeremy Williams, Chair
Pioneer RESA Executive Director Search Committee
508 Oak Street
Gainesville, GA 30506
770-536-5275, Ext. 5119
Pioneer RESA requires a criminal background check on all employees. An acceptable fingerprint record is required. (O.C. G. A. 20-2-211) It is the policy of Pioneer RESA not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, gender, creed, religion, or disability in educational programs, activities, or employment practices. E.O.E.