Vacancy Announcement – January 6, 2020
Executive Director, Northwest Georgia RESA
Full-Time or 49% may be considered
- Negotiable, but no later than July 1, 2020
The Executive Director shall serve as the administrative and professional head of the RESA and shall be responsible for the administration of programs and services approved by the Northwest Georgia RESA Board of Control. He/she shall serve as secretary, executive officer, and fiscal agent to the Northwest Georgia RESA Board of Control.
Northwest Georgia RESA, 3167 Cedartown Hwy, SE, Rome, GA 30161
(706-295-6189, ext. 11)
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Master’s degree and Georgia five-year leadership certificate. A minimum of at least five years’ experience in public school administration and supervision.
- 1. Hold or be eligible for Georgia leadership certificate at the sixth or seventh year level in educational leadership.
- 2. Strong leadership qualities and ability to work successfully with other professionals.
- 3. Proven skills in administration and supervision.
- 4. Knowledge of current effective school improvement practices.
- 5. District/RESA level experience preferred.
Salary: 12-month contract with competitive compensation package.
Deadlines: Open until filled
Required application information due by Friday, March 20, 2020, at 4:00 p.m.
Contact and Application Requirements:
- Northwest Georgia RESA requires a criminal background check on all employees. An acceptable fingerprint record is required. (O.C.G.A. 20-2-211)
- Northwest Georgia RESA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.